Introduction: if you need to change the hanger on the back of the Palace frameset, here is a step by step guide on how you should go about it.
You will need:
This procedure should take between 10 and 20 minutes.
2. Next using a torx, 4 or 5mm allen key (brand dependent), unscrew your rear derailleur mounting screw.
3. Using your 3mm allen key carefully undo the bolts on the existing hanger, taking care not to round of the screw heads. Dig out any mud or crud that may have found its way into the shallow bolt holes with a small allen key, or bradawl. If they feel tight try spraying in some release agent (such as Plus Gas) or some thin teflon lube or similar (from the reverse side) to help lubricate the threads.
4. Once the old hanger is disattached, the frames drop out should look like this.
5. Using your rag, clean any dirt or dried grease from both sides of the dropout including the countersunk bolt heads.
6. With the 3mm allen key attach your replacement hanger being careful not to over tighten and round off the bolt heads. They need less than 3nm of torque.
7. Reattach your rear derailleur after adding a tiny spot of grease on the threads of the mounting screw.
8: Re-insert the wheel, run through the gears – they should need no adjustment at all – but it is always worth checking on a work-stand or gentle spin before hitting any efforts in anger.
9: Ride With Spirit.
Don’t forget, any queries, as always, we are on the end of the phone or an email.
Contact details in the footer of this – and every – website page.